Re: 5116+5D10 intensity problem

Paul Cohen

Or maybe SF6 (nasty) gas which is used in HV

בתאריך יום ב׳, 17 בפבר׳ 2020, 10:22, מאת Yeun-Jung Wu ‏<
B0190@...>:

Hello Harvey:

Thank you for your hint on future diagnosis. I will start collecting more
information on epoxy coated transformer first.

5D10 seemed to work fine except read out information had been expanded
outside the screen. Now I understand why red LED "possible under-sampling"
would lit: I was using slow time base to watch two nearly identical 7kHz
since wave superimposed together to form a nice envelope. There were lot of
wave form variation during long accuqsition time but the available memory
space for storing waveform was limited. When I select faster time base such
that several cycles was within the range of one horizontal division that
warning went away.

More than 5 year's ago I bought a Tek high voltage probe from eBay. There
was an empty can supposed to contain liquid with high dielectric strength,
something similar to banned CFC freon. For 4.5kV maybe I can fill some
other liquid and give it a try.

Best Regards,

Yeun-Jung Wu