Re: 7904 or 7904A....which should I keep?

Dave Daniel

I had to make the same choice when I moved cross-country in 2017.

I chose to keep the 7904A because it has the kickstand and the 7904 does not. Having worked on both, I decided that the kickstand made working on it sufficiently better to keep it over the 7904.

DaveD

On Feb 17, 2020, at 13:24, Chris Wilkson via Groups.Io <cwilkson=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Title says it all. I have multiple (MULTIPLE!) Tek mainframes and I'm hoping to cull the herd this year. I want to keep one 500MHz scope and it's either the 7904 or 7904A.

What are the advantages and disadvantages of each? Do they both support the full range of plugins (looking at power hungry digital stuff) or is one more forgiving. What about fan noise, availability of parts, ease of repair & cal & maintenance? Control panel features? Current loop vs. voltage calibration outputs? Display quality?

All opinions are welcome!!