7904 or 7904A....which should I keep?

Chris Wilkson

Title says it all. I have multiple (MULTIPLE!) Tek mainframes and I'm hoping to cull the herd this year. I want to keep one 500MHz scope and it's either the 7904 or 7904A.

What are the advantages and disadvantages of each? Do they both support the full range of plugins (looking at power hungry digital stuff) or is one more forgiving. What about fan noise, availability of parts, ease of repair & cal & maintenance? Control panel features? Current loop vs. voltage calibration outputs? Display quality?

All opinions are welcome!!