Re: 5116+5D10 intensity problem

Yeun-Jung Wu

Hello Harvey:

Thank you for your hint on future diagnosis. I will start collecting more information on epoxy coated transformer first.

5D10 seemed to work fine except read out information had been expanded outside the screen. Now I understand why red LED "possible under-sampling" would lit: I was using slow time base to watch two nearly identical 7kHz since wave superimposed together to form a nice envelope. There were lot of wave form variation during long accuqsition time but the available memory space for storing waveform was limited. When I select faster time base such that several cycles was within the range of one horizontal division that warning went away.

More than 5 year's ago I bought a Tek high voltage probe from eBay. There was an empty can supposed to contain liquid with high dielectric strength, something similar to banned CFC freon. For 4.5kV maybe I can fill some other liquid and give it a try.

Best Regards,

Yeun-Jung Wu