Re: 5116+5D10 intensity problem

Yeun-Jung Wu

Hello Harvey:

Since the intensity went down in recent event it never came back. What this 5116 did after turned on was nothing on the screen, even if the intensity control knob was turned fully clockwise. I can tell it was powered on only when scale graticule illumination was fully on.

I guess turn down the vertical and horizontal gain would shrink the display to normal siize. This couldn't be a cure since most important task is to restore a visible trace in normal viewing condition. Once the intensity problem was solved the graticule scale would be normal again.

I did not have any other 5000 series plug-in's. I bought this broken 5116+5D10 with smashed LCD color shutter a few years ago and fixed 5D10 digitizer.

I up load three photos under the file name 5116. Signal to vertical amplifier was interesting: an old video game?

Regard,

Yeun-Jung Wu