2215 cleaning + recap

ridderg@...

Hi all, I’ve recently bought a used, somewhat beat up but functional 2215. The trace sometimes shifts vertically, probably due to dirty switches. The plan is to clean some of the switches and replace all PSU caps.

I’ve started disassembly but am currently blocked as the HV shield seems stuck. I’ve removed all screws as indicated in the service manual (which in itself was a pain as a couple of screws were worn out). The shield can be wiggled but seems stuck at the right side somewhere (looking from the front).

Did I miss anything or should I just apply more force? Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks!