Re: 11301/11302 in the Bay area

Jerry

I bought a stationwagon-load of Tektronix and HP specific caps, mostly, but a lot of transistors and preformed resistors from a guy last year or so. He was servicing scopes, I guess. In the box was a curve tracer that's available still on ebay and for the heck of it, I tried it out and it did a fairly decent job on small transistors. You can find it on ebay by searching for "curve tracer" and looking for a bag of parts that cost around $25. I also have a Mini-CT I built that was in QST a while back but this simple current step circuit works pretty well. YAou need an analog scope to use it effectively. The trace is best at 500us per division. The persistence on my 3054B does a decent tds784 and DSA602, 2440, and others won't show a trace. I used my Mini Ct recently to match transistors for a mixer but i could have used this other circuit.

Jerry