Re: Push-push switch repair (need some theory of operation)

Ke-Fong Lin

Only remaining issue with the 7CT1N is that with PNP selected the dot is at
bottom right, not top right. Am I right in thinking this is controlled by
S70D, which is the part nearest the latch?
Yes, most probably.
On the 5CT1N, that part is much simpler: It's either +30 and -30 for each poles, or GND for both.
On the 7CT1N, one of the pole is connected to a voltage divider, which is itself connected to S230.
You may want to check the vert/horiz switch (S230).
My 5CT1N issues were only mechanical, with the 2 switches I've replaced the problems were gone.