Re: Dead 2430

Craig Cramb

I have checked the power lead - OK, plus the 5 amp quick blow fuse and that is OK
Check F961, located close to the J166/P166 along the angled area of power supply. I’ve had this fuse blow. Don’t remember all the details exactly of how the scope responded to this fuse being blown. If it is Ok, then there are a lot of caps on the PS that may need replacing. I replace all electrolytic except C105 and C305. To change the smaller caps remove PS and the S shape cover support mounted to the PS board to make the job easier. Hopefully you have a service manual.

Craig

On Feb 8, 2020, at 5:53 AM, koralrf via Groups.Io <koralrf=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hi

I tend to run all my instruments periodically just to ensure that they are OK.

Today, I turned on my old TEK 2430 - and it was completely dead - no fan, nothing!

I have checked the power lead - OK, plus the 5 amp quick blow fuse and that is OK too..

So I presume that it has a fault in the Power Supply A16 board?

Any suggestions as to the best place to start looking please?

Thanks in advance

Tony