Re: 5111 Storage Scope Loss of -30VDC

Tim Phillips

From Tim P (UK)

I have a manual, thanks - in fact, after perusing the schematic, I realised
that my +38 V on the +30V test point is the UNREG voltage.
So, maybe the erstwhile +30V is not being regulated at all. I will check
around the +30V circuitry. Are the Darlington pass transistors (MJE800)
reliable with age ?

Tim

On Sat, 1 Feb 2020 at 21:06, p mc <pmc@...> wrote:

Tim,

TekWiki has a complete 5441 manual. http://w140.com/tekwiki/wiki/5441
It doesn't have "voltage and waveform" data but has the schematic, board
layout, adjustment & Theory of Operation info.

Do you have that?

pmc

On Fri, Jan 31, 2020 at 10:14 AM, Tim Phillips wrote:

from Tim P (UK)
re the 5111 - what was the problem with the -30V ?
I have a 5441 with a low -15V (11V) and a high +30V (+38V)
The LVPS in the 5000-series seem to be very similar. I would be
interested
in your investigations and cure
regards
Tim

On Thu, 30 Jan 2020 at 18:13, Mlynch001 <@mlynch001> wrote:

I believe that the "stuff" is a sealer of some sort that TEK used on
many
of their flush socket units. I see this on many of the newer TM5XX
plug
ins as well as many scopes that use those soldered into the board pin
sockets.

--
Michael Lynch
Dardanelle, AR