Re: TDS784C Programming Manual Needed

Tom Bowers

Steve,

I have a TDS684x (can't remember if it is a B or C) and it has always been
very finicky with floppy disks. I have learned to format a disk in the
scope and if it passes, then it is usable to extract hard copy files. If I
attempt to format a floppy in any other machine, the TDS684 won't accept
the disk. I've never tried to write a file on another machine and then read
it with the scope since I only use the disk drive for output of images into
other documents.

Tom Bowers

On Thu, Jan 30, 2020 at 5:43 AM Steve Hendrix <SteveHx@hxengineering.com>
wrote:

I finally managed to get my new-to-me TDS784C into a working position
on my bench, and it looks really sweet, all the options I hoped for
seem to be there. I'm having a bit of difficulty getting it to accept
a floppy, but I may need to hunt up a different one as this one has
been rejected by another instrument as well. I am able to talk to it
via GPIB using my KISS-488, and it responds perfectly to standard
SCPI commands (*IDN? etc.). However, I can't find the programming
manual that would define the full command set such as screen capture.
Googling has turned up a wealth of manuals, from rack mount
instructions (a whole manual?) all the way down to very detailed
service manuals and the supplemental SCPI commands to access some of
the fancy waveform envelope features, but I can't find the basic SCPI
command set. There also appears to be some form a Basic etc. that can
be used via the floppy disk. Can anyone point me to the programmer's
manual for this very nice unit?

Steve Hendrix