Re: Guernsey Island 2445

Chuck Harris

Hi Charlie,

It seems like they dithered about whether to use numbers,
or letters, or numbers and letters, to identify the factory.

In 1979, the 465B manual seemed silent on the issue.

In 1980, the 468 manual listed:
B000000 as Beaverton,
100000 as Guernsey,
200000 as UK,
300000 as Japan,
700000 as Holland

In 1983, the 2465 manuals listed:
B000000 as Beaverton,
100000 as Guernsey,
200000 as UK,
300000 as Japan, and
700000 as Holland.

In 1988, the 2465B manuals listed:
B010000 as Beaverton,
E200000 as United Kingdom,
J300000 as Japan, and
H700000 as Holland.

And said that instruments manufactured by Tek by external
vendors are assigned a two digit alpha code to identify the
country of manufacture... (e.g. JP for Japan, HK for Hong Kong,
IL for Israel, ...)

Not exactly consistent.

Do you have any insight on the conversion between Beaverton
serial numbers ... and their revision sheets ... and the
other factory's serial numbers?

My idea is only a guess loosely based on a very old memory
of a discussion I had with a former tek engineer.

-Chuck Harris

Charlie.c wrote:

Sounds like the rules are the rules until there are not.
That was all in the 2” thick employee handbook I was handed the day I joined tek in the the 80’s.😊