Re: TEK514 needs new 5V4G tube

Steve Hendrix

At 2020-01-28 12:11 PM, Tom Phillips wrote:

Note that, per the RCA tube manual, the 5V4G and the 5V4GA have the same
electrical specs but he 5V4G is packaged in a larger old style bottle. If
you fine one, you will need to determine if it will physically fit your
scope.
Thank you for that clarification. I was puzzled by the fact that two adjacent 5V4G tubes were in different bottles. So if I'm reading your comment correctly, the straight-sided, smaller one is newer (possibly replaced at some past time) and the bad one in the larger "coke bottle" glass is older, possibly the original.

Also thanks for the tips on a good source.

Steve Hendrix