Re: Mounting and dismounting curve tracer 177 fixture

Gary Robert Bosworth

Thank you for your assistance. Sure enough, there were 2 screws on the
bottom that locked the 177 in place. I never would have known about this
locking mechanism without your help. Once I removed the screws, the 177
slid out easily. Thank you again for your help.

Gary

On Fri, Jan 24, 2020 at 10:02 AM Dennis Tillman W7PF <@Dennis_Tillman_W7PF>
wrote:

Hi Gary,

Oh boy, I once spend hours trying to get the 177 out of my first 577.
Turn the 577 over. There are two screws near the front of the 577 bottom
panel that screw in to the 177 to hold it in place. I suspect they are
there to prevent the 177 from being easily stolen. The 177 will not budge
until you remove them.
Then you can pull it out by the two ground lugs on either side of the
front of the 177. At first it may seem stuck but that is because the
connector contacts of the 577 holds the PC Board of the 177 pretty tight.

Dennis Tillman W7PF