Re: Tel 576 relay

Chuck Harris

Not misremembering, but the rates may have changed again.

I checked the rate for first class international, and was expecting
that price, but the postal clerk did, and said what I said.

-Chuck Harris

David DiGiacomo wrote:

Rates changed last year, but I think you are misremembering, because
the minimum increment for a package was always much higher than that.

Here are current rates for a 4 oz mailpiece sent to Canada by USPS:

letter via FCMI retail (can't be merchandise) $2.91
package via FCPI retail $10.50
package via "Pirate Ship Simple Export" $7.95

On Fri, Jan 24, 2020 at 3:29 PM Chuck Harris <cfharris@...> wrote:

Last year I mailed something internationally that way, and
the local postal clerk said that it was obvious that my
"letter" was something more, and she added $0.50 to change
the designation to something like first class parcel
international that would allow the little widget I had
in the envelope.

-Chuck Harris

David DiGiacomo wrote:
"First-Class Mail International® (FCMI®) is our most affordable option
for sending postcards, letters, and large envelopes weighing up to
15.994 ounces. No merchandise may be mailed with FCMI."

And yes, they do check :(

On Fri, Jan 24, 2020 at 7:33 AM peter bunge <bunge.pjp@...> wrote:

Can't send pictures. Does no one use this:
First-Class Mail® International Large Envelope $3.12

On Fri, Jan 24, 2020 at 9:20 AM peter bunge via Groups.Io <bunge.pjp=
gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:

[image: image.png]
This is about the same sending the other way.
Using flat rate boxes is for the wealthy and lazy
I'm sorry I ever raised this issue.

On Thu, Jan 23, 2020 at 8:44 PM David DiGiacomo <daviddigiacomo@...>
wrote:

On Thu, Jan 23, 2020 at 5:32 PM peter bunge <bunge.pjp@...> wrote:

My relay has an open coil. It is only a spare which I may never need.
For $40 I will repair it if I ever need it. I was hoping to find
someone
else that needs one and bring the cost down to $10.
Well, $10 is not going to happen. Minimum package postage US to
Canada is about $8.