Re: What Tektronix means to me

Tam Hanna

Hello Dennis,
Sorry for my short response - I am running a severe fever, but must keep working due to a staff shortage both in my firm and at some suppliers.

I have a very ambivalent relationship to all things software: well, in today's world, you can not do engineering without. But I do prefer the hardware engineering at least to some extent.

Of course, this is the route to ruin. From a hardware level, the Danaher TriStar architecture was superior to LeCroys 9300 platform. But LeCroys decision to invest into software (and to avoid Smalltalk and Java muppetry and work with C instead) turned the market to their favor. Rest is history...

---
With best regards
Tam HANNA (emailing on a BlackBerry PRIV)

Enjoy electronics? Join 14k other followers by visiting the Crazy Electronics Lab at https://www.instagram.com/tam.hanna/