Re: Your generosity is STUNNING!

Nenad Filipovic

I'm not an expert but was curious about this: PayPal "seller" and "buyer"
transaction IDs are different for legal reasons. If PayPal is to have a
legit ledger, they need separate IDs for both ends: money in - money out.
More details:

https://www.warriorforum.com/main-internet-marketing-discussion-forum/30274-why-doesnt-paypal-send-buyer-seller-same-receipt-number.html

At some point there was a way for seller to retrieve the buyer transaction
ID:

https://www.bloghelpdesk.com/paypal-unique-transaction-ids-different-buyer-seller-check-transaction-id/

but apparently PayPal interface was lobotomized (simplified to the level of
idiotism) so to get that info you need to "hack" your way into the old
classic interface. I'm not sure if this is presently possible (the link is
from 2016), but might be worth a try. Otherwise it seems the only way for
seller to match payments with a particular buyer is to search using his/her
email address and the amount paid.