Re: Risetime calculator (in tekwiki)

Roy Thistle

On Sun, Jan 19, 2020 at 12:03 PM, Chuck Harris wrote:

Roy, your last two comments make no sense.

Albert has already determined that the taper of the pots is
*linear* and the scales of the two pots are *linear*, and
proved it out mathematically.
Hi Chuck:
Yes! Thanks. I need to be reminded to make sense!
Sometimes I get confused.
I deleted my last three comments.

I saw all the the 5000 ohm pots are paralleled with a ( 4.95K resistor in series with a trimpot)... but I read the following.

#163442 On Fri, Jan 17, 2020 at 08:14 AM, Chuck Harris wrote:

Of course it is an analog computer!

It is using the sum of three log pots to balance with a fourth
to get a result that is read on the fourth dial.
Thus... no matter what the math told me, I thought Chuck knows they are log pots... that's what he wrote... so what gives... I've got to figure out how it works using log pots.
Best regards and wishes.
Roy