Re: Risetime calculator (in tekwiki)

Tony Fleming

Where is the calculator?
I do not want the virus one - someone said that one downloadable calculator
was a virus or bad calculator....
Thank you very much.
Tony

On Sun, Jan 19, 2020 at 9:15 AM Roger Evans via Groups.Io <very_fuzzy_logic=
yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Albert,

Thanks for pointing that out, the calculator is quite different to what I
had imagined. I thought the resistance would increase in the clockwise
direction and each pot would just be connected as a two terminal variable
resistor. That does rely on having a good approximation to a square law
for the taper of the pot. As you pointed out the resistance increases ccw
and I can't see immediately why the maths works for the combination of
fixed resistor in parallel with the three terminal connected pot. It might
be a rather clever piece of algebra or an approximation that is good enough
for the intended application.

Roger