From: "Dennis Tillman W7PF" <dennis@ridesoft.com>
To: TekScopes@groups.io
Sent: Friday, January 17, 2020 10:02:17 AM
Subject: Re: [TekScopes] Risetime calculator (in tekwiki)

Hi Tim,
When I was in high school my friend and I built an analog computer with 2
pots and a meter. It multiplied two numbers together and displayed the
result on the meter.
When we showed it to my friend's sister she asked us to multiply 2x3.
The result we got was around 8 on the meter. It could have been 9 or 7. It
was hard to tell.
She was not impressed.

We looked around for something better to do with our budding career in
electronics.
There wasn't much. The only "instrument" I owned was a VTVM. That limits your
options.

Dennis Tillman W7PF