Re: Risetime calculator (in tekwiki)

Chuck Harris <cfharris@...>

Of course it is an analog computer!

It is using the sum of three log pots to balance with a fourth
to get a result that is read on the fourth dial.

That makes it a computer.

Read some history. Early computers didn't necessarily have any
active components. Think slide rule.

-Chuck Harris

amirb wrote:

there are no opamps or any active device in this thing as far as I can tell. so no analog computer... See the picture...
only a bunch of resistors in some kind of bridge which must be balanced but why it will produce RMS beats me
On Fri, Jan 17, 2020 at 10:54 AM, Dennis Tillman W7PF wrote:

Hi Tim,
It is an ANALOG computer. These were very commonly used for many things but
that was probably before you were born.
I got my first real job in 1967 working in a huge lab at Allied Aerospace that
designed airplane autopilots and flight control systems. Until a year later
these were always analog computers. To design the airplane's analog flight