From: TekScopes@groups.io [mailto:TekScopes@groups.io] On Behalf Of Albert Otten
Sent: Friday, January 17, 2020 1:15 AM
To: TekScopes@groups.io
Subject: Re: [TekScopes] Risetime calculator (in tekwiki)

Ideally you would use pots (as variable resistors) for which the resistance increases quadratically from ccw to cw. Then compare the sum of the first 3 resistances with the 4th resistance in a bridge circuit and tune the 4th pot to zero reading. I don't think that the quadratic behavior can be approached good enough with log pots and some trimpots and extra resistors.

Albert

On Fri, Jan 17, 2020 at 08:31 AM, Tim Phillips wrote:

from Tim P (UK)
What is this, please? It seems to be a simple analog computer, maybe
with Log pots.
In case the link doesn't work, the device is in tekwiki Other Instruments.

http://w140.com/tekwiki/wiki/Risetime_Calculator

Appears to give f = sqrt(a^2 + b^2 + c^2)

thanks
Tim P

--
Dennis Tillman W7PF