Re: Remote CSA803 / HP1180x programming (yet again)

Roy Morgan

Leo,

I do remember Hays modem commands, though only dimly.

I wonder if "AT" stands for "Attention, Terminal ! ".

On a related bit of lore: while I worked at NIST, I used a bit of SQL and learned that the letters originally stood for Structured Query Language but that later the official name of the standard was changed to "Database Language SQL", with no meaning for the letters.

Among my coworkers were the folks who organized and chaired the international committees that wrote the standards. (One fellow had chaired the committee that developed RS-232.)

IBM used to mean "International Business Machines" didn't it?

And so we "Graybeards" mumble off into the mists of time. ... ...

Roy Morgan
K1LKY Western Mass

On Jan 17, 2020, at 4:31 AM, Leo Bodnar <leo@...> wrote:
If you are old enough - think modems Hayes AT commands.