Re: Tek Scope Cart - Model 3 or K213?

Colin Herbert

I think you might find this more of a problem than you realise. The surface above the drawer at the bottom is covered in a textured soft plastic having an edging which also might be plastic, but may be metal. The curved triangular parts enclosing the pivot-points for the shelf assembly are plastic. Added to all of this, disassembly isn't a particularly simple task; even totally removing the drawer requires some ingenuity. I would leave it as it is, after a good clean-up and lubrication of the castoring wheels. It is a Tektronix product, after all, why would you want it to look like an IBM rip-off?
Colin.

-----Original Message-----
From: TekScopes@groups.io [mailto:TekScopes@groups.io] On Behalf Of oakley@...
Sent: 16 January 2020 08:13
To: TekScopes@groups.io
Subject: Re: [TekScopes] Tek Scope Cart - Model 3 or K213?

Thanks Colin, John, Harvey and Guy232 for your kind efforts to answer my questions.

I think that the Model 3 cart is clearly the winner over the K213 cart. The dimensional details and photos were very helpful in solidifying my decision.

Although it probably seems sacrilegious, I'm going to strip the Tektronix's blue and off-white vinyl finish and have the parts shot with textured Polane-T, matching IBM's traditional creme white and black finishes.

Thanks again!

Tom in SLC

Join TekScopes@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.