Re: Tek 604: Sad story, and CRT wanted

Tom Bowers

Hello Toby,

I have a new CRT for a 604, still in the original box, never used, it was
purchased as a spare that we never installed. How do I contact you off list
and where are you located.
The CRT is in Colorado and I am not there right now, but could make
arrangements for you.

Tom Bowers

On Wed, Jan 15, 2020 at 10:31 PM <toby@...> wrote:

Hi group,

I bought a 604 XY from ebay late last year.

Have been checking the unit out, and while generally in good condition,
it's suffered some indignities, which appear to have destroyed the CRT.

Evidence of this was one corner of the tube faceplate chipped (without
destroying vacuum), ( https://imgur.com/a/aJQytLP ) the front CRT shroud
broken, and the blow was also enough to shatter the rear plastic
retaining clip, leaving the metal two-piece bracket and long screw loose
in the case.

However, the unit did power up to a ... spot. Actually two spots. The
upper spot is the real, controllable spot, while the brighter lower one
is apparently due to internal CRT damage:
https://imgur.com/a/SNQydLJ

So, I'm in the market for a replacement CRT. Potentially these:

154-0633-00 (p1)
154-0633-05 (p1)

But if 602 CRT's are compatible (??) then also:

154-0562-00 (p31)
154-0562-01 (p7) ****
154-0572-00 (p31)
154-0572-01 (p7) ****
154-0727-00 (p31)

154-0634-01 (p31) -- 603

I also have 602's and 603's so they'd be of interest anyway.

Thanks for any assistance

--Toby