Re: What Tektronix means to me

Chuck Harris

Having designed battery chargers for the US Army, I would
sure love to see your experimental data on rejuvinating lead
acid batteries.

I worked on that nut for a while, and determined that it was
impractical, as the lead sulfate conversion that occurs in
the lead plates during deep discharge did more than simply coat
and insulate the plates.

Lead sulfate is physically larger than the original mossy lead
in the battery plates, and when allowed to grow to excess, will
break up the mossy lead, and leave it to slough off the plates.
This sloughed off lead and lead sulfate usually ends up in the
bottom of the cell, or pierces the highly porous separators,
where it shorts the cell, ruining the battery.

Even if you could remove all of the accumulated lead sulfate,
the remaining mossy lead in the plates would have seriously
reduced surface area, and the cell's capacity would be a small
fraction of the original capacity.

So, if you have cracked that nut, I would sure like to see the
data.

-Chuck Harris

Ancel wrote:

For me...I became an Eng. in the late 80s when I discovered Tektronix 4 channel scopes (advert in Radio Electronics) which were equivalent of about 2 year's salary as a fresh graduate in the Caribbean.
They remained out of reach until many years later in 2012 when I acquired a 2465 and then a 2465/A as part of a Battery regeneration product development lab @ home.
They allowed me to develop and commercialize my first patent-able product.
http://www.mic.co.tt/page/green-tech-facility

I got the electronics bug. after seeing Star Wars in 1977 (as a 12 year old) and then buying a Radio Electronics mag. in a grocery check out aisle that offered an R2-D2 lookalike functional Robot project build.
This year I am launching the World's first electronic steel drum sticks (My countries national Instrument) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steelpan

Hope to have it on Amazon later this year. Was hoping to do manufacture in P. Rico...but things are a mess there right now.