Re: What Tektronix means to me

For me...I became an Eng. in the late 80s when I discovered Tektronix 4 channel scopes (advert in Radio Electronics) which were equivalent of about 2 year's salary as a fresh graduate in the Caribbean.
They remained out of reach until many years later in 2012 when I acquired a 2465 and then a 2465/A as part of a Battery regeneration product development lab @ home.
They allowed me to develop and commercialize my first patent-able product.
http://www.mic.co.tt/page/green-tech-facility

I got the electronics bug. after seeing Star Wars in 1977 (as a 12 year old) and then buying a Radio Electronics mag. in a grocery check out aisle that offered an R2-D2 lookalike functional Robot project build.
This year I am launching the World's first electronic steel drum sticks (My countries national Instrument) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steelpan

Hope to have it on Amazon later this year. Was hoping to do manufacture in P. Rico...but things are a mess there right now.