Re: Ultimately recyclers have to scrap our treasures - an idea so maybe some can survive

Tom Gardner

On 16/01/20 01:24, Harvey White wrote:
I'm not sure that goodwill is the best choice.  You seem to be highly dependent on the people who work there, and whether or not they even know what they have.  For all I know (/begin cynical) they may take the power cord and keep it and throw away the electronics when they only get a spot on the screen and not a TV channel (/end cynical).
In the UK many charity / secondhand shops won't touch anything electrical because they cannot economically assess its safety. Maybe that is also true in other countries.