Re: MEMBERS PLEASE READ: Our annual Group.io payment is due in 2 weeks.

Leo Bodnar

Hello Dennis,

I am embarrassed to ask, but when can I have my turned down donation back?

Thanks
Leo

On Thu, Jan 2, 2020 at 11:06 PM, Dennis Tillman W7PF wrote:

Hi Leo, and everyone else,

First to Leo:
I am stunned by your generosity but this creates a huge dilemma for me because
I asked for small contributions. I cannot accept you most generous offer
because it is far too much. My goal in asking for small contributions was to
give everyone who has gotten some value out of belonging to TekScopes an
opportunity to say thanks based on their ability to pay and the value they
have received.

For Leo and everyone else:
For reasons neither Marian nor I remember, because it happened so long ago,
the PayPal account was set up in her name. That only came to our attention the
other day when it caused confusion. We are in the process of adding my name to
the account to clear up any future confusion. We have been married for 35+
years. What's hers is mine and what's mine is hers (except she doesn't want
the Tektronix things).

So far Michael Dunn and I have received over 150 contributions through PayPal,
one through Vimeo, and I believe one will be coming through Zelle. As soon as
the donations drop to a trickle which I expect by the beginning of next week I
will post a notice that anyone who still wants to contribute has 24 hours
left. Then it will take me a day to make a spreadsheet of who contributed and
what the contribution was. I believe the safest way to do this will be to list
just the PayPal transaction numbers and the amounts personal information is
revealed for privacy reasons. This way everyone can check that their
contribution was received and entered.

For the long term Michael Dunn and I have discussed what should be done next
and how to insure the contributions will be safe and secure if something
should happen to either one of us. I have also contacted Groups.io to find out
if they allow paying a few years in advance.

Dennis Tillman W7PF