Re: Still looking for a cover for a 485 scope...

Tom Gardner

On 09/01/20 15:03, Kevin Oconnor wrote:
The cover for my 485 is 40 years old. Seldom in its proper place, often used as a parts tray, generally crammed into the soft manual & probe bag attached to the top. It is a wonder it is still around. I think it is the bag. I still have the OEM service manual and 4 original probes in there with the cover!
I looked at the cover and it has no identification. I would have expected a part number or a mold number at least. A crafty person could 3D print this as it is only complicated at the 2 edge clips.
I assume you want the nostalgia factor of the OEM part though.

Kevin KO3Y
For protection of the knobs especially during shipping, I would opt for a laser-cut wood cover.

Two principal bits: the main "tray" with standard "castellated" joins, plus a lip made with overlapping bits glued onto the main tray.

I haven't thought about a clip, but I'm sure I could dream something up.