Re: Tek 576 Curve Tracer USB port to a cpu ... ?

Jim Ford

Thanks, John.I do have a project in mind.  Will PM you this evening from home.JimSent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

-------- Original message --------From: JJ <jajustin@gmail.com> Date: 1/7/20 4:37 PM (GMT-08:00) To: TekScopes@groups.io Subject: Re: [TekScopes] Tek 576 Curve Tracer USB port to a cpu ... ? Hi, Jim. I used many resources and tutorials - YouTube has many goodtutorials for beginners. There is Python and there is PYQT5. PYQT5 allowsyou to build a Graphical User Interface (GUI) easily. - it uses Python.It's a long road and takes time to become proficient - a few months atleast. I programmed in Java, C++, Javascript, and many other proprietarylanguages over the past 50 years - so picking up a new language isn't allthat difficult for me.I have also been an analog/digital circuit designer over that period aswell - so I'm with you. Using your hardware skills together with an Arduinoand coupled with Python allows you to bring the analog outside world intoyour PC for data analysis and control.I can send you a few books in PDF format that I used if you like.But please note that you need to love this stuff - it takes time andpatience! But, once you get it, you can do virtually anything you want. Thebest way to learn a new programming language is to jump in and practice.Don't just read a book - you need to practice! Otherwise, it gets tooboring and overwhelming! It's good to have a project in mind - it's verymotivational.Best,John Justin