Re: Tek 576 Curve Tracer USB port to a cpu ... ?

John Griessen

On 1/7/20 7:50 PM, cnc_joker via Groups.Io wrote:
I may be asking a dumb question, but why do you need a 576 if you want a curve tracer?
Not dumb at all. Someone already mentioned how to SMUs, (source measure units), could do it,
and those can be spendy, but a basic DAC that controls a power supply is not spendy and serves as
part of a modular system to characterize I-V devices like transistors and PV cells. All that's needed to make an instrument is a controller and a good reference and ADCs and that DAC connected to a 4 quadrant power amp,
and your favorite kind of code tools. I like micropython for this kind of thing -- it makes it easy to build
a standalone system that is $7 BOM for the microcontroller parts so you don't have to have a laptop attached to do things.