Re: Tek 576 Curve Tracer USB port to a cpu ... ?

JJ

Hi, Jim. I used many resources and tutorials - YouTube has many good
tutorials for beginners. There is Python and there is PYQT5. PYQT5 allows
you to build a Graphical User Interface (GUI) easily. - it uses Python.

It's a long road and takes time to become proficient - a few months at
least. I programmed in Java, C++, Javascript, and many other proprietary
languages over the past 50 years - so picking up a new language isn't all
that difficult for me.

I have also been an analog/digital circuit designer over that period as
well - so I'm with you. Using your hardware skills together with an Arduino
and coupled with Python allows you to bring the analog outside world into
your PC for data analysis and control.

I can send you a few books in PDF format that I used if you like.

But please note that you need to love this stuff - it takes time and
patience! But, once you get it, you can do virtually anything you want. The
best way to learn a new programming language is to jump in and practice.
Don't just read a book - you need to practice! Otherwise, it gets too
boring and overwhelming! It's good to have a project in mind - it's very
motivational.

Best,
John Justin