Re: Tek 576 Curve Tracer USB port to a cpu ... ?

Mlynch001

Dennis,

Thanks for weighing in on this one. I was thinking the same thing, that it is easy to talk about it, but much more difficult to make it work, as you have already stated. They have added a USB port to the right side of the 576, This port appears in one of their promotional photos on E-Bay. They never indicate what the internal connections are, not sure why they ever would want to do this. However, it appears that they are at least partially tapping into the data from the existing readout to get the different voltage and current switch positions, since they display this same data on the laptop screen. Perhaps this is how they are getting the current/division and step currents? They are definitely using much of the existing 576 switch gear and circuitry then doing some sort of A/D conversion to deliver this by the USB Buss. The e-bay pictures show precious little of the interface, but they show that the resulting laptop display appears to be a partial clone of the original 576 display, with some added software in play as well, but again, the information is sparse at best. I am sure that some of the brilliant minds in the group could figure this out.

--
Michael Lynch
Dardanelle, AR