Re: Tek 576 Curve Tracer USB port to a cpu ... ?

Jim Ford

Hi, John.With your experience writing Python code, maybe you could point me in the right direction.  I'm trying to learn Python so I can control my test equipment over GPIB and USB.  I downloaded a Python tutorial, but it was more like an overview and told me way more than I wanted to know and none of what I needed to know!  Maybe good for a software engineer but useless for a hardware guy like me.I was going to private message you but then I figured that others on TekScopes could benefit as well.Thanks in advance for your help.Jim Ford Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

-------- Original message --------From: JJ <jajustin@...> Date: 1/7/20 3:22 PM (GMT-08:00) To: TekScopes@groups.io Subject: Re: [TekScopes] Tek 576 Curve Tracer USB port to a cpu ... ? I think the voltages need to be picked off before they get to thedeflection plates. If you digitize the signals and send them across theserial interface using an Arduino, all you need to do on the PC side is toplot the stored samples of each voltage against each other - Ic isessentially derived from a voltage across a 1 ohm resistor. You can use theMatlib library to plot. the samples against each other - Ic vs Ib, Ic vsVce, etc. I don't think that you need access to any of the 576 controlssince the samples themselves get scaled automatically and dynamically byMatlib when plotting.I just finished writing a program using Python /PYQT5 to drill holes in aPCB using an inexpensive GRBL based CNC machine - 3018 Pro (I paid $170).GRBL based CNCs all use Arduinos. The program uses an affine matrixtransformation - so you don't need to line up the PCB to drill the holesafter etching.I don't believe that it's all that difficult to do!Best,John Justin