Re: 2235 2mV vertical range noise and surprising fixes

regarding the 2235 secondary psu rectifiers:

YES, it is possible to see leaky, shorted or open secondary supply rectifiers,
which results in big ripple.  this is FAR less common than bad caps (over 90% of the problems) but it does happen after many years. if I cannot get the bus voltage ripple low enough (just compare to other supplies), that's the next item to replace. I've only had to do it a few times, but that's more than never.

one more thing, I always use a floating device to measure DC volts and ripple, the Fluke 867B graphical multimeter works great for me, I can see everything at once, and no ground interactions.

regards,
walter

--
Walter Shawlee 2
Sphere Research Corp. 3394 Sunnyside Rd.