Re: Tek 576 Curve Tracer USB port to a cpu ... ?

Mlynch001

On Tue, Jan 7, 2020 at 04:40 PM, Ke-Fong Lin wrote:

I find it very surprising that the 576 doesn't have an X-Y output for a
plotter.
Maybe that's because Tek doesn't have a plotter offering (contrary to HP).
And there are various add-on to take photos of scope's screen.
Lin,

Would it not be a simple matter to somehow convert the 576 deflection plate voltage signals to X-Y Data? Just thinking out loud here.

I would guess that you are 100% correct in your thinking about the lack of a TEKTRONIX plotter. Not much motivation to put an X-Y output and then give your customer a motivation to buy an HP or other brand of plotter? On the other hand, TEKTRONIX was pushing Scope Cameras, big time. They had considerable experience with scope cameras, so it was natural that they went that direction.

--
Michael Lynch
Dardanelle, AR