Re: Tektronix 570 Vacuum Tube Curve Tracer on eBay

Jason A.

A good use as far as I am concerned would be to match the tubes for my other Tektronix tube gear. Tektronix matched tubes for the input circuits and other places in their kit are available with unknown provenance on eBay occasionally, however I emphasize the "unknown provenance" part. Granted my 7CT1N + Dennis' VTCT kit does the job for a lot less money, but as Dennis points out in his documentation, the 570 can take measurements the other Tek curve tracers can't. That said, I'm still not sure that is worth the balance of the $4000 though. If it came down to around $1000, I would be really tempted, as would a fair number of folks on this forum if I had to guess.