Re: Tektronix 570 Vacuum Tube Curve Tracer on eBay

Greg Muir

A sidebar – it is little known as to the vacuum tube equipment still possessed by the military for use when EMP from a nuclear blast renders a portion of the solid-state hardware useless. EMP hardening of a lot of the newer equipment has reduced this inventory but some still remains. Hopefully we will never have to use the former and hope the latter will still work if it does happen. But at that time I will be occupied by other issues of my own concern and won’t be too worried about if our military can communicate.

Greg