Re: Tektronix 570 Vacuum Tube Curve Tracer on eBay

Jamie Ostrowski

Tube traders and audio nuts use them for sure - especially for tube
matching.

On Sun, Jan 5, 2020 at 11:22 AM Richard Solomon <dickw1ksz@...> wrote:

Pardon me if this sounds like
Heresy, but what real world use
would have for one of these ?

I can see the "cool/nostalgia"
factor, but other than that, what
would one do with it ??

Thanks, Dick, W1KSZ

On Sun, Jan 5, 2020 at 8:32 AM Dave Daniel <kc0wjn@...> wrote:

I have been looking at sales of Tektronix 570s, mostly but not all on
ebay, for a long time now. All of then have had an asking price of around
$4k.

DaveD

Sent from a small flat thingy

On Jan 5, 2020, at 09:45, Eric <ericsp@...> wrote:

I would love to have a 570 in the lab but not for that that is nuts.

On 1/5/2020 9:36 AM, Mlynch001 wrote:
On Sat, Jan 4, 2020 at 10:48 PM, Dan Cordova wrote:

For less than $200, I put together a Dennis Tillman VTCT board, and
modified
my Hickok Tube Tester to use with my Tektronix 575 curve tracer. I
also made
the Daniel Schoo designed triode and pentode adapters for the
Tektronix 576
Curve Tracer at work.
I'm also not sure all my tubes and stereo gear are worth ~$4000 all
together.
;)
I KNOW my stereo gear is not worth that much! I have the stuff to
build Dennis Tillman's VTCT and I have a 576 as well. So even after I
buy
a suitable tube tester, I am sure that all told I would have less than
$1000 in the whole thing. It might not do what the 570 will do, but
likely
95% as much and still test solid state devices as well. You would need
have a serious desire or even more serious need for this thing in order
justify paying that price. From the description, it sounds as though
this
thing is not quite ready to go as it is. The elephant in the room is
getting it shipped to ones location without it being destroyed in the
process. The seller does have a "Make an Offer" option as well. This
will
be interesting to watch.