Re: Tektronix 570 Vacuum Tube Curve Tracer on eBay

Mlynch001

On Sat, Jan 4, 2020 at 10:48 PM, Dan Cordova wrote:

For less than $200, I put together a Dennis Tillman VTCT board, and modified
my Hickok Tube Tester to use with my Tektronix 575 curve tracer.  I also made
the Daniel Schoo designed triode and pentode adapters for the Tektronix 576
Curve Tracer at work.
I'm also not sure all my tubes and stereo gear are worth ~$4000 all together.
   ;)
I KNOW my stereo gear is not worth that much! I have the stuff to build Dennis Tillman's VTCT and I have a 576 as well. So even after I buy a suitable tube tester, I am sure that all told I would have less than $1000 in the whole thing. It might not do what the 570 will do, but likely 95% as much and still test solid state devices as well. You would need to have a serious desire or even more serious need for this thing in order to justify paying that price. From the description, it sounds as though this thing is not quite ready to go as it is. The elephant in the room is getting it shipped to ones location without it being destroyed in the process. The seller does have a "Make an Offer" option as well. This will be interesting to watch.

--
Michael Lynch
Dardanelle, AR