Re: Tektronix 570 Vacuum Tube Curve Tracer on eBay

Jamie Ostrowski

Ha, interesting story. Yeah, I didn't even notice it was an actual auction.
I would be surprised if anyone bids on that, but I could be wrong! Will be
interesting to see what happens.

On Sun, Jan 5, 2020 at 12:16 AM John Williams <books4you@...> wrote:

Maybe a lot of people have a car that cost less. And that is not a BIN
price but an auction. So the seller clearly hopes to get more than the 4K
for this one.

One time I was delivering an oscilloscope I had sold locally to a guy.
When I walked into his office there sitting on a table was a pristine 570.
I stupidly blurted out that “those are worth over $2000!” But I didn’t have
the money to buy it so I left. But after some more sales I did have a bit
of a nest egg and went back to see if he would sell it. When I asked him
what he would take for it, he said “$2000.” Nice going. But I did buy it
and again stupidly later sold it. I would like to still have it just to own
it. I wonder if he will get bids.