Re: Tektronix 570 Vacuum Tube Curve Tracer on eBay

John Williams

Maybe a lot of people have a car that cost less. And that is not a BIN price but an auction. So the seller clearly hopes to get more than the 4K for this one.

One time I was delivering an oscilloscope I had sold locally to a guy. When I walked into his office there sitting on a table was a pristine 570. I stupidly blurted out that “those are worth over $2000!” But I didn’t have the money to buy it so I left. But after some more sales I did have a bit of a nest egg and went back to see if he would sell it. When I asked him what he would take for it, he said “$2000.” Nice going. But I did buy it and again stupidly later sold it. I would like to still have it just to own it. I wonder if he will get bids.