Re: Tektronix 2245a Flickering Trace

William Schuler

Thanks Arden, I’ll give that a whirl this weekend.

On Thu, Jan 2, 2020 at 2:04 PM KB6NAX <gumbear@...> wrote:

Hi Bill,

Sounds like Panos has a clue. Switch in the 20 MHz bandwidth filter to
see
if the erratic triggering stops or lessens. Too much bandwidth can be a
problem in a noisy environment. If the triggering in 20 MHz mode still
acts
up there's something noisy in the triggering circuits.

Arden

-----Original Message-----
From: guitardad1967@...
Sent: Thursday, January 02, 2020 5:58 AM
To: TekScopes@groups.io
Subject: [TekScopes] Tektronix 2245a Flickering Trace

Hey guys, newbie here. First of all I want to say thanks for what a great
resource this place is! Made my donation two days ago.

I have a Tektronix 2245a, which I bought about a year ago. This is my
first
scope, and I’m still learning how to use it. I have replaced all the power
supply capacitors, and all the voltages test out OK., and the unit runs OK
when I first power it on. After about 10 minutes though, I start to get
ghost traces and a jumpy, flickering image. Here is a link to a video I
made
of the unit. https://youtu.be/j6Dqke1CIRE

It is usable for what I do, which is just viewing a signal after it’s gone
through a tube amp, but I would like to track down the issue. Any
suggestions on where to look?

Thanks everyone, Bill