Tektronix 2245a Flickering Trace

William Schuler

Hey guys, newbie here. First of all I want to say thanks for what a great resource this place is! Made my donation two days ago.

I have a Tektronix 2245a, which I bought about a year ago. This is my first scope, and I’m still learning how to use it. I have replaced all the power supply capacitors, and all the voltages test out OK., and the unit runs OK when I first power it on. After about 10 minutes though, I start to get ghost traces and a jumpy, flickering image. Here is a link to a video I made of the unit. https://youtu.be/j6Dqke1CIRE

It is usable for what I do, which is just viewing a signal after it’s gone through a tube amp, but I would like to track down the issue. Any suggestions on where to look?

Thanks everyone, Bill