Re: 577D1 itching issue - Haven't touched since, currently in storage

Albert Otten

On Thu, Jan 2, 2020 at 10:06 AM, Ed Breya wrote:

On Wed, Jan 1, 2020 at 11:43 PM, Dennis Tillman W7PF wrote:

The practical side of me says it is a very bad idea to short out a turn on a
transformer
Dennis, you should skip your planned experiment just by considering that we're
not talking about shorting out adjacent turns on a variac - the wiper is a
(carbon and copper, typically) brush, not a metal contact, which are way
different from each other. So picture not shorting with a wire, but with a
resistance network that bridges the turns, and part of the network goes to the
output terminal.

Ed