Re: 577D1 itching issue - Haven't touched since, currently in storage

Ed Breya

On Wed, Jan 1, 2020 at 11:43 PM, Dennis Tillman W7PF wrote:

The practical side of me says it is a very bad idea to short out a turn on a
transformer
Dennis, you should skip your planned experiment just by considering that we're not talking about shorting out adjacent turns on a variac - the wiper is a (carbon and copper, typically) brush, not a metal contact, which are way different from each other. So picture not shorting with a wire, but with a resistance network that bridges the turns, and part of the network goes to the output terminal.

Ed