Re: 577D1 itching issue - Haven't touched since, currently in storage

KB6NAX

Happy New Year, DW,

Could jumping a clip lead from Neutral to the wiper with the brush insulated from the windings be useful to diagnose why the ollector will not go to 0V or near it? My theory is if this causes the collector to go to 0V or near it then perhaps I have enough resistance occurring from the neutral terminal to the first windings of the variac causing the collector issue I am experiencing, would you agree?
That's a bit risky if you forgetfully turn the variac CW. Better to measure resistance between the first turn of the winding and the neutral terminal. Deteriorated connections are accompanied by increase in constriction resistance. Like to know what you find.

Arden