From: Dennis Tillman W7PF
Sent: Tuesday, December 31, 2019 2:37 PM
To: TekScopes@groups.io
Subject: [TekScopes] My email address was changed by Groups.io my request for contributions

Since last night I have been puzzled by why so many members were trying to
send money to the wrong address. They were using
@_Dennis_Tillman_W7PF.

The answer is that Groups.io changed what I wrote and sent to TekScopes last
night that is causing all this confusion. I definitely used my correct email
address exactly as you should use it. I now know if I type it in this post
groups.io will change it like they did last night so I have to spell out
what I did last night. This should come out correct once you remove the
spaces, change "at" to @ and "dot" to a period in this:
dennis at ridesoft dot com
(spelling it out like this is the only way to stop Groups.io from messing
with it.)

So Groups.io is the "culprit". Until now I knew the did something to protect
our email addresses but I had no idea this is what they were doing. On
balance it is a good thing because it insures that non-members who read our
posts will never see our true email address. I knew they protected our email
addresses somehow but until now I never thought about how they did what they
did.

Just when I thought there was nothing new to learn...

Dennis Tillman W7PF