Re: TDS694C nvram and tektool

John Miles

I just tried compiling it under Windows, #defining BYTE_ORDER as LITTLE_ENDIAN. Results seem to match what you obtained:

The TDS 694C's in-house code name is reported to be SCREAMER, but that password didn't work when I tried it, either

I did notice that the code has a few rough edges that might merit closer inspection. I had to clear the buffer to zero before I could read the model ID string above, for instance, without a lot of junk characters being appended. Wouldn't be surprised if that were necessary elsewhere.

Also, there are various structs that appear to be used to access hardware fields at specific offsets, but there is no packing applied. I added #pragma pack (1) just as a guess.

I'm a bit short on time at the moment but will try to look into it a bit tomorrow. I definitely wouldn't try to issue any write operations with this code without a very careful review, just a word to the wise.

-- john, KE5FX

Hi again list
A little bit more info, the debug parameter gives a bit of info :)
Running the program gives the following:
./tektool -r nvram.bin -b 0x04000000 -l 0xA0000 -dd
Device Id: TEKTRONIX,TDS 694C,0,CF:91.1CT FV:v6.2e
6D 7B 00 08 04 00 00 00 00 00 02 00
read_memory: response reading failed 1
The hex string seems to be correct but the start address may just be wrong.
Regards
Gudjon